or make 4 interest-free payments of $2.75 AUD fortnightly with More info
Lupins are the world’s richest natural source of combined protein and dietary fibre. Comprising 40% protein and 37% fibre, lupins are a good source of minerals, contain prebiotic fibre, and are also gluten and fructose free.
Made from premium Australian Sweet Lupin, Lupin Flake is a very versatile product that can be used in salads, dips, baked and vegetarian foods. Including Lupin Flake into your everyday diet is a great way to boost your protein and dietary fibre intake.
Why are Lupin Flakes so good for me?
Lupin Flakes are great for you because they:
• Are high in essential amino acids and cholesterol free
• Are a prebiotic – promoting the growth of “good” bacteria = less bloating
• Are 40% Protein + 37% Fibre
• Improve glucose metabolism & bowel health
What are Lupin Flakes best used for?
Lupin Flakes can be used in a multitude of ways, as a low carb gluten free binder for meat patties to sprinkling on your morning yoghurt.
Some of my favourite uses are:
• Homemade Hamburger Patties – instead of breadcrumbs to bind the meat together
• Homemade Lupin Hommus (much lower carb than chickpeas!)
• Crumbing Mix Recipe – nothing beats a chicken schnitzel!!!
I’ve heard that Lupin is an allergen, is this true?
If you are allergic to peanuts you may also cross react to legumes, including lupin. If you are allergic to peanuts there is a small probability (approximately 5%) that you may cross react to lupin. Like anything, if you are in doubt please consult your doctor.
Are Lupin Flakes sweet or savoury?
Lupin Flakes are very neutral in flavour and can be used in both sweet and savoury baking and meals.
Are Lupin Flakes gluten free?
Yes Lupin Flakes are gluten free.
How do I store my Lupin Flakes?
Lupin Flakes should be stored in your pantry in a sealed container
How long do my Lupin Flakes last?
12 months from packing if stored correctly.
What do Lupin Flakes taste like?
• Lupin Flakes are quite neutral in flavour with a slight legume flavour.
• They readily absorb the flavours of other ingredients you are using